Everything We Thought During Everything, Everything

The poster for the new movie Everything, Everything

The poster for the new movie “Everything, Everything”

Maggie Borland, Emily Nina, Staff Writer

As we sat down in our “RESERVED FOR PRESS” marked seats, the lights dimmed and the quiet chatter of movie critics quieted down. Admittedly, we, two young high school journalists slightly drenched from our dash in the rain to make it on time, felt horribly out of place amongst the seemingly elite group.

The movie opened with Maddy, the film’s main character, sitting in her favorite room in her perma-clean house. From there on, this is what went through our minds as the story continuously became more and more heartwarming…

1. She’s so cute, and her room is decorated so well! Why can’t our rooms look like that?
  2. She does so many interesting things to pass the time, the movie doesn’t make it look like she’s a bored invalid. She is clearly extremely intelligent with unique hobbies.
  3. This girl is NOT afraid to be herself, and would never apologize for it. We love that.
  4. Her wardrobe is so cute.
  5. Even though she can’t go outside, we want to be her.
  6. Oh my god oh my god oh my god she’s about to make eye contact with Olly they’re going to fall in love in two seconds.
  7. OH MY GOD THEY  MADE EYE CONTACT.
  8. Now we feel really bad for her, even though it’s clear she doesn’t want us to, because she can’t go out and meet him like a normal girl could.
  9. That Bundt cake is so hard. It didn’t even break when it fell on the ground…
  10. Olly is hilarious and clever.
  11. Their text and phone conversations are shown as them being in an alternate world together and we all wish that was the world they lived in.
  12. The whole time they’re together at first, we are convinced she is going to drop dead at any moment.
  13. CARLA NO DON’T LEAVE.
  14. This new nurse is horrible and looks like Nanny Mcfee.
  15. YOU GO GIRL BOOK THAT FLIGHT.
  16. As she got to know Olly more, her clothes, makeup and personality began to develop and become more unique, and we are LIVING FOR IT.
  17. DON’T DIE THIS IS SO DANGEROUS BUT YOU’RE LIVING YOUR LIFE HOW YOU WERE MEANT TO.
  18. We love it.
  19. Damnit we were really hoping she wasn’t sick.
  20. WAIT SHE’S NOT SICK?!?!?!?
  21. So she is?
  22. Our hearts are breaking into a million pieces why is this so emotional?
  23. RUN TO HIM GIRL.
  24. Awwwww, finally!
  25. THIS WAS THE BEST MOVIE WE HAVE EVER SEEN THIS IS THE NEXT FAULT IN OUR STARS BUT BETTER.