Too Close To Call

Emma Bollinger, Staff Writer

With the season closing in fast for the Varsity Volleyball team is vying for a position in the playoffs. Emotions ran high during Senior Night as four girls said goodbye to coaches and thanked parents and fans for support.

“Our team hasn’t been doing well, we had a way better beginning to the season. If we focus, we should without a doubt make it to state. We should be in playoffs but what place in playoffs is all up to how our last game goes and how the rest of the high school teams do,” senior Kaylie Klemp said. “It’s really going to be up to us to pull it together to make the end of the season truly special by being able to get to state. As far as Wednesday goes, we should definitely win against Meadowdale,” Klemp continued. Meadowdale themselves have a conference record of 1 and 9 and an overall record of 1 and 11 with their only win coming from Marysville-Getchell. As Glacier Peak is concerned they stand strong with a conference record of 6 and 5 as well as a 6 and 7 overall.

“This was my favorite year so far thanks to this year’s seniors because not only are all four of them good players but I also consider them all my friends. They set a great example of how I want to be next year as a senior,” outside hitter Lexi Little said. “I know that it’s going to be rough without them next year because they contribute so much to the team,” Little continued. Senior Night is a night that sticks with every athlete for years and for Kaylie Klemp, Morgan Dolye, Julia Stepanchenko, and Sara McNaughton that memory was born Thursday October 23rd.

Although no college plans have been decided, it is safe to say that these four athletes will keep volleyball forever in their hearts. Wednesday, October 29th is the last regular season game at Meadowdale High School.