Breaking Records

Photo by Clare Lytle

Isabella Azar, Staff Writer

As Camden Wunderlich hit the touch pad, his teammates and friends in the stands when wild, swimming the 500m freestyle, the senior star swimmer broke a record that he set himself three years ago. Senior Camden Wunderlich could not believe what he had accomplish, “I was really happy when I found out I broke my time.”

The scrawny freshman Wunderlich had a time of five minutes flat in the 500m, and now the matured senior went on to break his record by a whopping eighteen seconds. Wunderlich was extremely pleased with his time, “I was really excited to break my time, I didn’t think I would break it so soon.” Already qualifying for state, Wunderlich has set his goal of winning state and breaking his time even more. “My main goal is just to break my time even more and win state.” Wunderlich said. “I also really want to have a time so fast that it will be on the record board for a long time.”

The senior knowing that it is his last season of swim at Glacier Peak said he will miss it, “The atmosphere is great, it’s really relaxed. Everyone likes to hangout, no one is stressing out too much about breaking times.” Wunderlich plans on continuing his swim career after high school “I am going to swim at Wingate University.” Wunderlich is very excited about the opportunities that swim has brought him, like his partial ride that Wingate has offered him. The future looks very promising for Wunderlich.