Uptown Funk Surprise

Madison Stauffer, Staff Writer

February 24th, curriculum night happened and upcoming eight graders were invited to come and see all the clubs and activities our school has to offer. Students talked with current club members, saw a demo of the robotic club’s robots and a sneak peak of dramas upcoming musical, The Addams Family. Little did they know the Aerobics classes had a surprise in store. All of the sudden, music blared in the commons, faces turned in confusion and the Aerobics class members got in formation to perform a surprise dance.
Mrs. Desilet’s fourth and fifth period aerobics class preformed a flash mob to “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars. During the rush hour of curriculum Mrs. Desilet called her troops together to get in formation. One could tell how excited Mrs. Desilet was to perform the flash mob that they have prepared since last week.“It took us about a week to learn the dance and three days to perfect it,” Jenna McLean said.

Those who witnessed the flash mob saw a fusion of hip-hop and jazz movements. Even though the flash mob was a surprise for most people others learned about the surprise one way or another. “I kind of knew it was going to happen because I was in the commons with the band and I heard Mrs. Desilet say “t-minus two minutes until flash mob, so you might want to watch out,” said Senior Laura Micketti. It was a shocking surprise for the incoming freshman to see what fun activities they can do in Mrs. Desilet’s Aerobics class.