Judgement Day

Mrs. Carabello and Mr. Hill posed for a parent-teacher conference.

Lourdes Marmol, Staff Writer

On Wednesday October 26 and Thursday the 27, parents were encouraged to go visit their kids teachers at Glacier Peak High School, to see how they are really doing in their classes versus what they say.

“Kids only go for teacher’s who give extra credit. No parents like to go because they don’t talk about their kids, they only get a progress report and an ‘I love your kid’.” Justin Purcell, a senior who has experienced the wrath, said.

For some it’s a much-needed four-day weekend to relax, but for others it’s their judgment day for their teacher to let their parents know about their class struggles. And then there is the few who believe the two days are absolutely worthless.

“I think they are pointless because while the teachers tell you how your kids are doing in your class, you can find their grades online and email the teachers instead of dedicating two days of class to conferences,”, Laurel Hootman, a junior, said.

Parent teacher conferences are scheduled for parents to take a look and help their child in any way they can, if they even need it. High Schoolers aren’t being baby-sat, parents leave homework and studying as the responsibility of their kids, they don’t nag their children anymore. Leaving the small few who do believe that face-to-face conferences are needed and are only to help.

“ I think they are awesome! Especially if you are needing help in any of your classes, it’s a really good time to talk with your teacher!” Annie Ferguson, a junior at GPHS, said.