Summer Plans

Junior Kendyl Prentice while doing homework.

Claire Dayton, Staff Writer

As summer comes closer, many students at our school are slowly beginning to get a case of “senioritis” and “spring fever”. Many people say that they are getting too antsy to sit in class for long periods of time because they have been in school for far too long. Students are anxiously waiting for their summer plans.

Sophomore Elijah Beals talked about his upcoming trip to Africa May 19-27.

“I’ve never been to Africa before, so it’s going to be a really different experience for me. We’re going to Tanzania, which is cool because my family sponsors a child from there,” he said.

Beals’ dad, Brandon, is a pastor and he was offered to take a mission trip to there with all expenses paid.

“It was so nice of the people to send us down there pretty much for free. I’m going to learn so many new things and experience a whole new culture,” he said.

As for some people, they aren’t going across the world.  Instead, they are staying here and learning new things while making money. Junior Nate Walchenbach recently got accepted into a Boeing Internship program.

“I couldn’t believe when I got the job. Barely anyone gets accepted. I got it through doing Robotics at the school. If I hadn’t of done robotics, I would’ve never gotten this job,” he said. Walchenbach works approximately 40 hours a week and gets paid $25 an hour.

As the school year comes to an end, almost everyone is excited for summer to come.