Support Begins with Red and White Tuesday

Kyleigh Magness, Staff Writer

This past Friday while Glacier Peak hallways were emptied of students, our neighboring Marysville High School students walked down the hallways to the sounds of gunshots. This event shook the local community, as well as the Glacier Peak staff and students. Plans of support begin with wearing red and white this coming Tuesday, to signing posters and send cards.

“We are working on a poster right now that people can sign during lunches that will be delivered to their ASB adviser and we are actually teaming up with other schools in the area to make posters that say, ‘We love you MP, we support you’. They will be up on Monday when they go back to school for them to see and we are also creating these little heart you can write messages on to the families, or staff, or students, or really anybody. We are going to band aid them together with actual band aids and each band aid will have a word of healing on it like ‘love’ or ‘care’. And I’ve been in contact with the ASB president there and she said it’s just hard to be alone right now, and they just really like being with people” senior Danika Morrison said. Coming together as one right now is important as is showing love for Marysville by participating in these upcoming events.

“Mostly its impacted me because you just never know what’s going on in people’s heads, and you never know if they will be upset about something, and you need to treat everyone the same,” senior Emma Chambers said,  “and I don’t know, it just makes me sad that this happened. The ASB is trying to create a safe environment within our school, and have kids feel like this is a safe place even though it was so close to home; it’s scary. We are trying to fundraise for the families that lost love ones, and help them and show support for their school,” Emma Chambers continued. During this time the school and community is doing all they can for the Tomahawks.

This event has shaken the entire community and students have been doing all they can to get through this hard time and help people around us. “We are just supporting people at our school and theirs as well” Danika Morrison said.