A Fatherly Falalala

photo+by+Bailey+Vassalli+

photo by Bailey Vassalli

Jessica Tiede, Staff Writer

Winter Wishes are beginning to come together.  Bouquets of flowers, coffees, food and treats are gifted to students in honor of the holiday season. To sway from the ordinary wish, we were gifted as a school with a serenade from our very own Mr. Blair.

As if being sung to by a teacher weren’t rewarding enough, the performance took on a whole new swing when Mr. Blair’s son, Sophomore Baylor Blair was summoned to the floor. Students cheered and roared as Mr. Blair took the microphone and called down Junior Griffin Price to assist in entertaining the crowd while Baylor took a seat in the spotlight.

Paired with some interpretive dance, Blair proceeded to perform Time after Time by Cyndi Lauper to his son. When questioned about the event Mr. Blair says “I feel like it proved that I chose the wrong profession.”

This winter pep assembly took a turn as Price and Blair’s collaboration dazed the crowd with its spontaneity. Paper snowflakes falling on Baylor during this performance set the season for a continuance of these surprising Winter Wishes. As December progresses students will start to see more and more wishes being granted. This serenade has kicked off the annual wishes for this school year.