Back in Action

Photo+Donated

Photo Donated

Katie Hager, Staff Writer

After staying home five months taking care of a newborn, Mrs. Marshall is finally back and ready to work. Friday, November 21st she showed her shinning face to her students and shared the joys of having a new baby girl and the struggles of having to leave her.

Milana Marshall was born on July 1, 2014. “She’s a beautiful baby girl, with a full head of dark brown hair and a sweet face anyone could fall in love with,” Marshall said. She expressed the adoration for her newborn, and also told how bittersweet it is to be back at work,

“It’s nice to talk to people other than just a five month old, ” she said.

While being back only a short time, Marshall told of the difficulties of adjusting. “It’s been difficult transitioning for the kids for one. Them getting to know me, me getting to know them and to reset expectations,” she said. Marshall has been known to be a tough teacher who has a great handle on her students and a serious cell phone policy.

“If I see it, I take it,”she said.

Although she is strict, students rave about how great of a teacher she is,

“I learn so much from her! She also did a great job of transitioning part way through the year,” Junior Kyle Rodgers said.

Her students have had a stand in teacher, Mr. Flyyn for the past three months. He’s done his best to teach the eager students, but now it’s time for Marshall to take control,

“I’m seasoned enough to come back and do things on autopilot. I don’t have to learn my material, I know my material I just have to refresh and present it well,” Marshall said.

The rest of the year is open for further educating students in mathematics.