No Match for Hatch

photo by Bella Azar

Isabella Azar, Staff Writer

Wednesday night was a tense game of push- pull for the Grizzlies Boys Basketball team in the 3A District 1 Semifinal against Marysville Pilchuck.  With nail biting switches in the lead, the Grizzlies came out on top beating the Tomahawks by one point.

The stands were packed, filled with anticipation for the game. Parents, Students, and Bands from both schools engulfed the gym eager to cheer on their teams. The game started off the way the game would finish, a fight for the lead. The Grizzly offense lead presence in the game was shooting g uard Zach Hatch. He was a sight to see with eight 3-pointers and a game total of 28 points. He was challenge for Pilchuck’s defense. A challenge they could just not overcome.

Hatch was not the only one making tough plays last night.

Guards Brendan Tetrault and Justin Guffey also sent the crowd wild with their 3-point shots, each making two.

At the half the Grizzlies led 35-3. Pilchuck fought hard during the fourth quarter managing to hold off the Glacier Peak offense and took the lead which was quickly taken back with another 3-point shot by Zach Hatch with just a minute on the clock giving the Grizzlies back the lead 56-55.

In a series of time outs and running the clock, Pilchuck’s efforts simply could not overcome Glacier Peak. A game that left the crowds hearts pumping and voices screaming ultimately ended with a Grizzly win.

The team will play again this Saturday, February 21st at 8pm against Stanwood for the 3A District 1 Championship game at Jackson High School.