Senior Send Off

Photo by Megan Roberts

Photo by Megan Roberts

Megan Roberts, Staff Writer

As the seniors get ready to graduate they also prepare to move on to bigger and better things. Of course graduation is an exciting time, although leaving high school can be very emotional. On Wednesday afternoon, we said goodbye to our class of 2016. The halls were lined with juniors, sophomores, and freshmen as our seniors took a final walk through the place they called home for the last four years. Tears were shed and hugs were shared. As the seniors made their way out, the school’s different emotions were displayed: happiness, excitement, pride and sadness. Many friendships between seniors and underclassmen made for an extremely emotional goodbye hug and some juniors came to the realization that they were quickly approaching their senior year. Junior Sophie Lundquist had an emotional time when she hugged her senior friend, Brendan Berg. “I was totally fine until I saw him come around the corner then I really lost it because we have grown really close this year,” Lundquist said, “Giving him the biggest hug was all I could do but I know I will see him this summer, it’s just going to be so different without him at school,” she said.

Congratulations to the class of 2016, thank you for being great leaders and leaving an incredible legacy that the classes coming after you will continue for years to come.