The Final Lap

Seniors go on their way, throwing their caps in the air in celebration.

Lourdes Marmol, Staff Writer

Seniors took their last lap around the school while all the underclassmen and teachers stood outside the halls to congratulate, celebrate their success, and wish them luck on their new journeys and ventures. On June 8th,  at 1:50 P.M, many students and teachers wound up crying as the school bell rang and the doors opened for the final time.

For many, GP has been their home for the past four years, some only a year. Regardless, GP has opened its doors and embraced students of all kinds with open arms, a home away from home. This school and its peers do not divide friendships by class, we are all one big family together, whether freshman or senior. Being a new student can be tough, but to those who are and were fortunate to go to GP would disagree, this place makes everything seem easy as we are all about team work and making the best people we can.

“I’ve had rough times here, but also I’ve had the best times here. I couldn’t imagine going to any other school. The people and the place has made me who I am today and I’m grateful for that. When my last few minutes came, I couldn’t help but cry and look back on everything. I used to walk the halls as a freshman only dreaming of that moment, and I got it,” newly ex-senior Kayla Wentland said.

School is about teaching students, but it also forces them to make friends and acquaintances that help us make it through our classes and our days. Sometimes we don’t realize just how much they mean to us until that moment when we are walking down a hallway getting cheered on.

“I have so many people to thank for making everyday a little easier and maybe even pleasurable. I can’t wait to see what becomes of everyone and wish them the best. This year’s senior class was pretty close to execellent and I’m glad to have been a part of it all, even though the goodbyes were terrifying and difficult,” Tori Miller said.

The underclassmen will definetly miss the seniors, as will the teachers; after four years of constant alarm clocks and tests that many didn’t study for, it’s time for them to move on. What’s next? No one knows.