Summer School

Summer+School

Melany Herrejon, Staff Writer

For some, the fast approaching Summer means something else then water, sun , and fun. It means more school.  If you failed a class or are trying to make up school credits during summer to get ahead, this is what you need to know.

• There is tuition cost for every credit received, failed class or not. If you are earning accelerated credit through APEX the cost is  $350 for each semester. If you are making up a failed class the cost is $200 for semester credit. If you need to finish a class and need an extension, more time to finish, the cost is $150. Bringham Young University (BYU) Independent Study is another option to get credits and each costs on average $150 for a semester. Most BYU Independent Study courses are Snohomish School District approved. Make sure the program you are hoping to earn credit from is approved with the Snohomish School District.
  • There is a fixed amount of time the work needs to be finished by and this means that Summer School needs the same amount or work, dedication, and attention that classes during the school year require.
  • A wide amount of credits are available online from Algebra 1 to AP US History. Summer School can be used to free up space in your schedule, get ahead, and making up failed classes.
  • Classes through APEX begin in July and a required  orientation must be completed before then. Registration forms are available from counselors and fees are paid at the Bookkeeping office. More information is available in the Counseling Office.