Making A Difference In Our School

Hannah Fadden at summer camp this summer.

Morgan Raymond, Staff Writer

Senior Hannah Fadden is making a difference in our community. For over three years now, she has volunteered her time in helping people with special needs. Especially in our very own life skills room.

“It has helped me see what I wants to do in the future,” Fadden said.

From everyday tasks to helping the kids with crafts, she does every task with love and kindness.

“Being in the class makes me so happy. People in life skills class always make you feel loved and it’s never boring,” Fadden said.

Every kid in that class is special with their own gift and talent. All the students she has worked with have touched her heart in a big way.

Over summers she also volunteered her time at a special needs camp called Special Friends. Where she helps people with disabilities do activities they would not normally be able to do such as: swimming, zip-lining, and rock wall climbing. Her typical day at this camp included getting coffee, riding a train on the camp grounds with her buddied camp member, and doing crafts. After her first week there she found herself “crying over how moving it was” to work there.

She is hoping to explore a career in this field as well. Her goal is to be an adult caregiver. So she can help and provide people with special needs a great environment in which they live their lives. She wants to help them live fully to the best of their abilities.

Hannah is making a difference through her kindness and giving heart, in a big way. Others can make a difference too by simply being kind to others in all that they do. She really wants others to get more involved in helping others.

“It’s the most fulfilling thing I could ever do,” Fadden says.