Ms. Lee Holds The Key To NHS

Ms. Lee in her new room, 350. She loves it.

Evan Bodenstad, Staff Writer

Key Club and National Honor Society both got fresh new starts this year thanks to the advisor of both clubs, Ms. Lee. This year is her second year of advising Key Club and first year of advising Honor Society, and she has been making big changes to both of them.

Honor Society meets the first Thursday of every month before school in the Performing Arts Center, and Key club meets every other Thursday after school in room 350. In those meetings, one will be able to experience first-hand the new types of things Ms. Lee is doing with the clubs.

“We’re kind of refreshing and reshaping Honor Society this year and making it a little more organized and streamlined, so we’re having the members step up a little bit more and having the officers step up a little bit more too,”

— Ms. Lee

“Key Club is also in the same place where they’re basically starting brand new. Those two clubs go hand in hand because Key Club is all about community service, and Honor Society is about student leadership,” Lee said.

Key Club is starting its first formal project this week by collaborating with Little Cedars’ Lego Club.

“It focuses on teaching engineering and STEM ideas to little kids. I think its super cute and I’m really excited,” Lee said.

People who are currently members of Honor Society but not Key Club should take note if they need community service hours, hours earned from Key Club are accepted as community service requirements for Honor Society.

“You can use key club hours for honor society hours or graduation hours…so we can at least give the kids more options, so that’s nice,” Ms. Lee said.

According to Ms. Lee, the toy drive committee is also getting the toy drive started in Honor Society so students in Honor Society who are looking to be on a committee can be ready for that in the near future.