A Lunchbox A Day

Madison in front of her house with some of her lunchboxes.

Celine Moran, Staff Writer

Senior Madison Potter never misses the opportunity to showcase her unique style and creative eye. For Madison, with each day comes a new lunchbox that is usually specifically chosen to complement the colors of her outfit.

It all started with a Scooby Doo lunch box she picked up Freshman year.

“I thought it was so uncool since everyone had those Lu Lu Lemon lunch bags, I wanted to fit in,” Potter says.

That all changed sophomore year, when Madison started bringing her Scooby Doo lunchbox to school  and was surprised by the fact that she was receiving complements on it. Fueled by these complements, Madison decided to continue her lunch box collection. Since then she has collected a total of 14 lunch boxes.

Madison claims the best places to find lunch boxes are at garage sales.

“They’re usually older and have a cool story behind them. It’s super fun to shop for them,” Potter says.

Madison’s favorite find was her Curious George lunch box, which she found for two dollars in the basement at a garage sale in the middle of Arlington. The prices of the lunch boxes she collects range anywhere from 50 cents to 25 dollars, the most expensive lunch box Madison has found would be the Annie themed one.

“I really like that movie and got pretty close to buying it until I found out it was $125. I said no thanks.”

Lunch boxes are one of the many ways Madison expresses herself everyday, she finds them as a way for her to show the world who she is.

I am who I am. We’re all a little weird, so why not love it,

— Potter

,” Potter said.