Five Binge Worthy Shows to Watch in Quarantine

Kathryn Dobyns, Staff Writer

While we all patiently wait for Governor Inslee to announce when phase two starts, we need to find things to keep us occupied in our homes. Most of us are lucky enough to have the streaming app Netflix which has hours of entertainment right at your fingertips. However, there’s a lot on there that’s not really worth watching, so here’s 5 shows that can keep you sucked in on your couch during this stressful time.

#1 Outer Banks

If you’re into mystery and messy teen drama this show is perfect for you. A group of teens discovers a shipwreck that could potentially have 400 million dollars of gold hidden inside of it. This leads the group of friends on a long and dangerous treasure hunt. Having to risk their life almost every episode while balancing it out with messy relationship scandals, this show keeps you wanting more.

#2 You

Murder, secrets and messy love is what this show is all about. A man named Joe Goldberg finds himself becoming obsessed with a grad student named Beck he ran into at his bookshop. His unhealthy want to be the perfect man for this girl gets him in some extremely messy and illegal situations. Meanwhile Beck is clueless to it all. If you’re a fan of suspense and thrillers, I’d start binging this now if I were you.

#3 Black Mirror

Five whole seasons of reasons to make you not trust the government await you in this show. Each episode is a different, twisted and mind opening story line. Almost all of them are about some form of technology ruining someone ‘s life or the world. If you weren’t already weary enough about the amount of control the government has over you, this show will make you even more so.

#4 Big Mouth

This show is definitely not for the innocent heart. This crude comedy follows a raunchy group of tweens on their messy journey through puberty. Awkwardness and cringey moments may have you reliving some of your middle school moments, some maybe not so much. Dark humor about the human body will either have you crying out of laughter or staring at your screen in shock and horror. Maybe not the best idea to watch this with your whole family on pizza night.

#5 American Horror Story

Eight seasons of jaw dropping insanity are waiting for you. Each season has a new and shocking story line that will have you calling your friends to tell them about the absurdity you just watched. Murders, psychopaths, witches and warlocks, monsters and devilish priests are just some of the characters you’ll encounter in this show.  If you like a good scare and a rush of adrenaline, you might be inclined to start splurging out in this horror fest.

Now go grab some snacks and a refreshing drink, because you’re going to be stuck on your couch for a while.