Anticipating Student Media’s trip to New York City

Amelia Weeks, Staff Writer

On March 14th Glacier Peak’s Student Media class will travel to New York to attend journalism classes. “I’m super excited to go to New York,” Miriam Willey said. “I love the city, I’ve been to visit my sister, so going with friends as a class trip will be a really different experience for me.”

Now that COVID-19 has died down, school trips are able to start up again. This is yearbooks second trip this year; they first visited St. Louis in the fall and students will be spending the Spring trip in New York. “I am expecting New York to be a lot busier than the fall trip. I’ve never been to St. Louis before, but I thought it would be busier. It was a ghost town compared to what I thought it would be,” Garrett Clarke said. “I think it’s going to be a lot more touristy It’s going to be fun to explore a new city and new state,” Clarke added.

The trip will go from March 14th to March 19th, and students will be adventuring to Times Square, a Broadway show and much more, but most importantly they will be visiting Columbia University to attend a conference to better their journalism skills. “I’m so excited for New York because we get to do so many fun things that most students wouldn’t get to experience. I’m most excited for going to Hamilton,” Addy Farman said. “Something I am most anticipating is all the activities and city life that we are going to experience there. I can’t wait to eat all the food that they have to offer in the big apple. I hope I see Timothee Chalamet, Louis Partridge, or Harry Styles, I think it would give me an aneurysm,” Farman added.

Everyone is very excited to explore New York with each other and to learn and further enjoy their journalism experience thanks to this wonderful opportunity Ms. Green and the school has provided.