Legacy of the Grizzly Den

Legacy of the Grizzly Den

Vic Wang, Staff Writer

Throughout all these years, the school’s Grizzly Den established by the DECA club has remained successful. It all comes down to what goes on behind the scenes and how the Grizzly Den is managed. When asked where the profits go, the advisor of the DECA club, Ms. Sents, said, “the revenue goes into the Glacier Peak DECA account, which usually pays for the operation of the Grizzly Den, which is a lot more money than people realize to operate the business. And then whatever revenue that is profit goes to offset the cost of attending DECA conferences.”

The DECA den features some fun food specials on certain days, such as Toasty Tuesday and Burrito Wednesday. “Those were [made] a few years ago– five years ago, six or seven maybe– it was just to create more depth in the menu. Pizza every day after a while gets old so we were trying to reach different target markets, reach different groups of people, and create alternatives and to provide new items, that’s really why,” Ms. Sents said.

While the Grizzly Den is widely popular and has been in place for years now, some students have input to offer about things that could be changed or added. “The amount of people that there are, like, they need to have more registers where they can serve more people faster. The line is huge,” Hailey Johnson said.

When it comes to how she feels about Toasty Tuesday and Burrito Wednesday, Johnson adds, “I mean, I feel like it’s a good idea, but also very pricey on the burritos. The burritos are so big, and you can’t take the other half off, but it’s a good idea. I wish they added more variety of cookies. Like peanut butter or M&M cookies.”