AT&T Announces Summer Learning Academy

Makenzie Korshaven, Staff Writer

Building a resume is an important aspect for any teenager who is looking for a job, but it can be difficult to find opportunities- especially while the country is still tackling the pandemic. Luckily, there are options available for online students and those who don’t have a lot of time.

AT&T has announced a free online summer learning program available for all high school and college students across the country. It lasts for 2 weeks and features live speakers such as Troy Aikman, Sal Khan (CEO of Khan Academy), Grace Dyson, NASA Astronaut Ellen Ochoa, and Omar Johnson.

The live program runs between July 12th through the 23rd, with 80 total hours of work to be completed. The courses are online and can be completed at any time before August 6th, so students can learn and work during the times that work best for them. The curriculum covers topics such as networking, journalism, film and media, artificial intelligence, personal branding, opportunities at AT&T and Warner Media, and more.

“[The program] provides learning that teaches skills students will use in the future. It’s an opportunity to expand your knowledge on topics that you aren’t typically exposed to” Josh Mellinger, associate director of talent acquisition at AT&T said.

While there will be about 30 live sessions during the program, attending the events is optional. The live masterclasses will be recorded and available after the event was finished. However, participants who do attend can interact with presenters and have the chance to win prizes and giveaways.

Students who complete the course will earn a digital badge through Credly that can be shared as a transcript, posted to LinkedIn, and can be listed on a resume. To register for the program or ask questions, go to https://learn.att.jobs/app/categories/SyHhx2s4m7GgVZN63UUC.