Boys Swim State Meet

Makenna Thuringer

Zach Cermak in the 100 yard butterfly.

Julia Murphy, Staff Writer

The boys swim team is leaving for the state meet Feb. 15 in Federal Way at the King County Aquatic Center.

With five records broken this year, including the 50y freestyle, the 100y freestyle, the 200y freestyle relay, the 100y backstroke, and the 400y freestyle relay, by quite a lot of time, the boys are expected to perform well at the meet.

The swimmers competing include Andrew Meneses, a senior and captain, Matt King, a sophomore newcomer to high school swim, Zach Cermak, a sophomore qualifying in two individual events, Calvin Kremer, another sophomore, and Jack Renschler, a junior.

Kremer, prior to prelims, holds the twentieth place on the psych sheet for the 200y individual medley with a 2:03.91.

Both King and Cermak are competing in the 50y freestyle. King holds the top entry AAA (All American Automatic) time at a 20.58. As for Cermak, he is currently placed at twenty first with a 22.42.
The two sophomores not only swim together currently with the high school team, but also on the Sting Ray Swim Team (club) together.

Cermak is also competing in the 100y butterfly and is seeded as thirteenth, with a 53.8.

King also holds the number one seed in the 100y freestyle by over a second, with a 46.04. Meneses is seeded at fourteenth with a 48.97.

The 200y freestyle relay is seeded at second with a 1:28.41, separated from first by just over one second.

In the 100y backstroke, Kremer is seeded at eighteenth with a 55.54, with only two seconds separating him from second place.

The 400y freestyle relay is seeded, currently, at eleventh, with a 3:18.09, only two seconds away from making the A final.

With a total of nine qualifying times for the 4A state meet, the boys will score points and hopefully place high this weekend at finals.