What You Need For Finals Week

Blake Beltran with all of his books.

Eden Iazeolla, Staff Writer

As we are heading fast into finals week, a lot of students are feeling the pressure to do good. Hours are spent studying at home, helping each other out in study groups, and staying after school to get last minute advice from teachers. We’re in crunch time now, and here is a list of needs that will help you get through finals week.

1. Time Management: In order to make sure you are not pulling all-nighters before your exams, spending a little time each night studying for each subject will help prevent that. When you come home from school every day, start your work right away. This will help you from getting overwhelmed, because you can do some studying then take breaks and eat snacks.
  2. Put away your phone: Phones can be very distracting due to constant notifications, and it’s easy to waste time on them without noticing. A great place to put your phone is with your parents. I know that is scary and we all don’t want to leave them with our parents, but they can keep you accountable and will not give you your phone back before you are ready
  3. Sleep: While studying if you take a break, a good 20 minute power nap will make you very refreshed for the rest of your homework. Giving your mind a break can provide an easy refresher and make you more willing to work. Also getting proper sleep at night is also very important. Getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night will provide good energy that can get you through all your activities that day and you’re studying for finals.
  4. Healthy snacks: For finals, eating healthy food with put good energy in to your body. This can cause you to feel motivated and empowered to take on the rest of your studying. Even just a quick carrots and ranch snack during a break from your studying can help you get through preparing for your exams.