Said Yes to the Dress

Seniors begin their search for the perfect prom dress.

Kendyl Prentice, Editor

Prom is coming up May 12 and seniors are searching for the perfect prom dress. Senior Kiah Dayton said, “I finally found my prom dress at a shop in Seattle called Dolce Bleu. It took a while to find the perfect dress, but after trying on multiple dress, five to be exact I found the one. The one I picked out is navy blue. I knew it was the dress for me because when I tried it on and love it. Of course, I took pictures of it and sent it to my friends to get their opinion, and they liked it just as much as me. I am so excited to spend prom with all my best friends and dance the night away.”

Ordering ahead of time makes all the difference in getting the right fit. Senior Selina Pekarek said, “I found and ordered my prom dress a few months ago and got it last month. My dress looks like a smaller Cinderella dress, it is tighter at the top and flowy at the bottom. My dress is light yellow, and I new it was the dress for me right when I saw it.”

Some people are still on the search for the right dress. Senior Gabbie Gobel said, “I haven’t found my dress yet, but I know what I am looking for. I really want to find a simple long dress. I am not sure when I am planning on getting it yet, but I am not too worried right now.”

Some students have taken the liberty to create a senior Instagram and Facebook page dedicated to prom dresses. You can turn in a picture of your prom dress and look at dresses other people have purchased. This account is a good way to make sure you don’t get the same prom dress as someone else. Kiah Dayton said, “this account is very helpful, I like scrolling through and seeing what other people have picked out. I get inspiration from seeing what other people pick out, and it is nice to make sure that you know you are not getting the same dress as someone else.”