The Edge

Seniors Feelings About Graduation

Harpa Olafsdottir, Staff Writer

The class of 2018 graduates on June 12. After four long years, their high school career is over and the students face real life; college or careers. More than half of the senior class is planning on going to either a 2-year or a 4-year school after high school.

Graduation can be exciting but there are some cons to leaving the safety of your high school and going in to real life. Many students have reported feeling both excited and sad about leaving Glacier Peak High School this year and in the years before.

“As graduation rolls around, I feel a range of emotions. I feel excited because I get to move on to the next chapter of my life and to see what it is like to live on my own, but I am also sad, because I feel like I am leaving a big part of my life behind. In the fall I will have to leave some of my closest friends, people i grew up with, and move away from my family, for the first time, I am on my own. I wonder what the future has in store for me,” Jesse Campbell said.

From the first day of freshman year kids have the thought “Oh, how I can’t wait to get out of here,” playing in their heads over and over again but when you leave the school you remember all the good things about being in high school.

“Since I left Glacier Peak High School, I like to think back on the days, the days with little to no responsibility, being able to focus on having fun and spending time with my friends. The only thing I regret is the fact that I focused too much on getting out of high school rather than enjoying it,” Class of 2017, Riley Bjorback said.