The Edge

Winter Sports Update

Dawson Crosby, Staff Writer

The winter sports season is always action-packed and full of excitement. So far, this season has been one to remember for not only the athletes but the fans as well. Every team has done exceptionally well leading up to the end of their seasons.

The boys basketball team is on fire being the number one team in Wesco having an undefeated record in league of 9-0 and a 14-1 record overall with their only loss coming from Union.

Girls basketball has lost very few games this season as well. Currently they are sitting in second place in Wesco with a record of 7-2 and a 9-6 record overall.

The boys wrestling team is on top of Wesco leading all teams with a 5-1 record and a 7-1 record overall. Girls wrestling continues to have a positive first season and performing well at all invitationals across the state and showing fans why the girls deserve to have a wrestling team.

Lastly, boys swim and dive has done well so far this season currently in second place with a record of 6-1 in league and 8-3 overall.

Keep an eye out for the post season because it will be here before you know it and all the teams will advance at the rate they’re going.

Show some love and support to the Grizzlies in their last home games before districts and playoffs. Boys basketball plays Monroe Thursday, Feb. 1 in their last home game. Girls basketball plays three last home games the first being Friday, Jan. 26 versus Mount Vernon. Wrestling has one last home match Thursday, Jan 25 versus Mount Vernon. Girls Wrestling has one last invitational to conclude their season at Kamiak on Saturday, Jan. 27. Lastly, boys swim and dive has a last chance qualifier meet for districts at Snohomish on Thursday, Feb 1.