Guess Who’s Back, Back Again

Mr. Peters speaks to a group of students during the filming of the welcome back video

Trevor Butler, Staff Writer

With the March 29th return date looming large for freshman students, they had to decide. To return to school or not? Many chose to return to in person schooling for the first time in over a year. I interviewed some class of 2024 students on their return, and here’s what they have to say. 

“I am excited for seeing my friends again and getting taught with more connection then there was through zoom.”- Angus Van Valey, 2024 

“I’m excited for a change of scenery when it comes to school”- Jack Beebe, 2024 

“I’m so excited, I can’t wait to meet my teachers and be part of the GP family!”-Ella Seelhoff, 2024 

“I’m excited to see everyone”- Ellee Russell, 2024 

“I’m just excited to see my friends again”- Drew Jansen, 2024 

“I’m mostly excited about meeting classmates and finally going to high school. I’m a transfer student so I don’t really know anyone. I guess I’m just excited to see what all the hype about high school is about.”- Ashlee Stark, 2024 

“I’m excited to experience more of a school environment then we have had this year”- Evan Marquardt, 2024 

“I’m most excited to finally be back in a school building with hands on learning, seeing friends around, and hopefully building a better education overall.”- Chris Bonshe, 2024 

“I’m excited to meet all the new people!!”- Allie Jansen, 2024 

“I am excited about being back in the classrooms and being able to see people again”- Mia Pantoja, 2024 

“I am very nervous and scared but I’m also very excited”- Bobbi Jack, 2024 

“I’m excited to see people and go to school”- Austin Riechelson, 2024 

“I just want to see people”- Ada Banken, 2024 

“I am excited to see teachers and friends”- Bode Stevenson, 2024 

“I’m excited to be able to learn better and to see my friends from a safe distance”- Bella Lewis, 2024 

“I’m excited to get social interaction and meet new people”- Juliana Ashby, 2024 

“I’m excited to meet new people”- Mikayla Nguyen, 2024 

“I’m excited to see my friends and new people”- Lola Ganje, 2024 

Obviously, many students are immensely excited about seeing their friends once more, and for the normalcy that school brings to be returned to their lives. Over the next couple of weeks, the final preparations will be made to put that back in their lives. It’s safe to say that excitement is high, and these students are eager to return.