Selling more than Pizza

photo by Kianna Garner

Logan Sandstrom, Staff Writer

At 8:30 AM about 800 students from schools across the state crammed themselves into our school to try and win a chance to make it to the state competition. The well-dressed students packed themselves into our gym bleachers as they waited for their event to be announced.

Palms sweating and hands shaking students must sit in front of two judges and “sell” their ideas, trying to get the judge to agree with them.  They criteria that the students are being critiqued on is; professionalism, what they’re selling, and if they know what they’re talking about.

“It was fun, better than last year’s competition, and it was more comfortable because we were at home,” sophomore Maddie Howard said. The main gym wasn’t even recognizable, a big stage in it and with tons of tables all to the right of the bleachers.

“I am so proud of all of my students’, they represented Glacier Peak as a whole so well. Although I am relieved that it is over the competition is over, it was stressful on all of us. Thankfully sponsors contributed to our cause by giving us money, due to them thinking we did so well. It was so much fun having all of the other schools there with us. With our DECA having to host I think it made all of us have to really step up our game and give it 100%. The video games event was a hit, and everyone was very classy and professional,” Sents said.

After nine hours the day had finally came to an end. “After a long and stressful week and day I was so surprised and excited that I made it to state and especially with an awesome partner like Jason.” Sophomore Dylan Schmer said. Throughout the 15 schools that where here we had 9 teams and, 14 individuals go to state. “I couldn’t have asked anything more of my students, I appreciate all of the work they put into this and how we were able to stay on task. To all of my students, thank you,” Sents said.