Worth It

Photo donated by Justin Guffey

Rachel Gitnes, Staff Writer

The tickets for Super bowl 49 were soaring in the last couple days before the game, coming to upwards of 10,000 dollars. So was it really worth it spending a fortune to watch the beloved Seahawks take on the Patriot dynasty? “It was crazy different than games at Century Link. Everything just felt amplified”, junior Justin Guffey said.

At the stadium there were more pregame activities downtown for all the fans to participate in. “There were people performing and games to play outside the stadium it was really exciting”, Guffey said. The game was definitely much more competitive than regular season games, and even playoff games. “The competitive atmosphere just made it much more exhilarating”, sophomore Parker Zenier said.

Within the first quarter Seahawk player Jeremy Lane had already gotten and interception and an injury. “It was crazy to see Lane’s wrist broken right after his awesome play”, Zenier said. The game started with a bang but sadly, for dedicated Seahawk fans, ended tragically. “Everyone just went silent around us besides the four Patriot fans that were going crazy”, Zenier said. The disappointed fans silently shuffled out of the stadium still sulking over the last minute of the legendary game. “There was a little boy sitting next to my family that was just uncontrollably bawling”, Guffey said.

Although the game ended with disappointment, the overall feeling and experience of being there proved to be worth it for the fans. “There’s so much community within Seahawk fans and to see it travel all the way to Arizona with the team was inspiring”, Zenier said. Until the Hawks make it back to the Super bowl again next year, at least fans will be able to hold on to the lifetime experience of once being there with their favorite team.