The Magic in the Background

Mikayla Popp, Staff Writer

Thanks to the ASB’S posters the whole school students will feel obligated to attend Dads and Desserts. But what about the treats that are made specifically for the event?

We have MD and 24 of her culinary art student to thank for that. And don’t forget the help of the 9 FCCLA members.

A week and a half before the annual Dad and Dessert is held these chefs cook up some yummy treats including rhubarb black cherry bars, lemon raspberry bars, cake batter blondies and lemonade bars. The dessert menu is completed with danishes and an assortment of cookies ranging from chocolate chip to molasses.

We can’t forget about the delicious lemon flavored cupcakes that are made that just happen to be Mr. Peters favorite. Licking off the delicious frosting is his favorite part.

“It’s really fun but it’s a lot of work. We usually have to stay after school to finish,” Makenzie Palmer said.

After decorating their table to the T, these students cater the event, making sure everything is picture perfect and delectable before going out of the kitchen.

“We make sure everyone is full and taken care of while we’re there.” Mesman- Davis said “We are kind of the magic in the shadows.”

While everyone is enjoying these treats and making memories with their dads and fellow senior classmates, these guys are the ones who help make it all happen.