Royal Victory

Royal+Victory

Isabella Azar, Staff Writer

The apparel of the fans wasn’t the only thing red hot last night, the Grizzlies Girls Basketball team beat the number one team in the state, the Lynnwood Royals by more than ten points.

The first two quarters of the game were in Lynnwood’s favor, but the players managed to never let them get too much of a lead.

In the last few minutes of the first half, senior Kianna Garner and sophomore Kayla Watkins sealed in a tie, each of them scoring a three. With determination the Grizzlies went ahead, 42-39 in the 3rd quarter and never lost that lead again.

The Grizzlies have made it known that they are a forced to be reckoned with. Last night they proved it more than ever with tough defense beating Lynnwood at their own game. The Grizzlies only allowed the Royals ten points in the last quarter of the game.

Sealing the game with a nine point lead, Junior Natalie Rasmussen scored her third three-pointer of the night. What continued to be a Grizzlies led fourth quarter, with fifty seconds on the clock Sophomore Paisley Johnson called out to the referee “Stop, they have six players! They have six players on the court.” This lead to a technical foul shot. Natalie Rasmussen shot the two free throws denying any slim chance for Lynnwood to come back.

The girls came together and “played as a team” Coach Brian Hill said, making it a sweet victory for the Grizzlies.

Final score 61-49 Grizzlies.