Second threat in four days

Andria Desroche, Staff Writer

Another bomb threat was found at the school on Wednesday morning, this time it was written in the boys’ bathroom. This makes 11 bomb threats in the past four years, two in the past week alone. The questions remain the same, whose tests are these kids trying to get out of?

“Are you kidding me?” Tyler Eveland asked as the principal announced another bomb threat over the intercom. Students began evacuating  at 8:37am in the windy weather.  They stood outside on the football field while the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Department and Washington State Patrol swept the school.

Students lingered on the field in the frigid morning air. The damp field was the only option as far as a place to sit, so some students threw down their back packs and sat patiently. Other students found ways to occupy time whether it was playing games with a ball, kicking a hackie sack, or playing go fish with a some playing cards.

During the bomb threat on Friday, March 27th, the staff turned on music of the PA system on the field to pass the time. Is Glacier Peak, staff and students, going to be able to act in seriousness if a real threat arises?

Parents protest on the school district’s Facebook page. Suggestions of cameras in the bathroom or bathroom attendants fill the comment section. Many say that these threats are a waste of time and money, that students who write these threats should be expelled.

“If it’s an April fools joke, it is not funny, students need to understand that it is serious and that it is a felony,” Ms. Zanol said.  A student who gets caught will receive emergency expulsion, and likely face the consequences of domestic terrorism.