Stick To It

Abi Ricci

Trevor Meldrom posing with his lacrosse stick.

Abi Ricci, Staff Writer

Trevor Meldrom is a freshman this year, and his work load is different them most. Trevor plays lacrosse and he has played it for 7 years now. He’s traveled all over the country to places like San Diego, Las Vegas, Maryland, and Philadelphia.

“I’ve traveled a lot of places for lacrosse. We travel to the East Coast and the West Coast a lot,” Meldrom said.

With Meldrom traveling so frequently, the support his family gives him means a lot.

“My family has always been supportive of me. They spend thousands of dollars a year for me to travel to these tournaments. It means a lot,” Meldrom said.

Traveling across the country is something Meldrom does more often then most. Along with practices and tournaments, Meldrom has school work to do like everyone else.

“Balancing school and sports is a lot easier than people think it is. There is a lot of time after school and before practice to get stuff done,” Meldrom said.

Keeping in touch with others could be difficult when out of the state or playing in tournaments constantly, but not for Meldrom.

“I snapchat people a lot to keep in touch. I also text my parents to keep them updated if I’m out of state or they can’t make it to a game,” Meldrom said.

He has goals for his future and his passion for the game and his determination just might get him there.

“My overall goal with lacrosse is to get offers from colleges. My dream school is Syracuse University in New York. They have an excellent lacrosse team. I love this game and I want it to not only be in my life now, but in my later life as well,” Meldrom said.