Students’ Summer Plans

Students Summer Plans

Ksenia Toropov, Staff Writer

Students look forward to summer break for many reasons. Summer break is a time for students to relax and unwind from the stress of school, they no longer have to worry about homework, projects and exams, which is a huge relief. Most students look forward to spending time with family or friends. Some Grizzlies look forward to going on vacation or fun trips.

“I am super excited for summer because I’m going to Ibiza, I can’t wait for that, its hat I’m looking forward to the most. I’m also going to Tennessee which will be super fun. I also might go to Chelan with my boyfriend and family,” freshman Daniela Baldoceda said.

Time spent in summer allows students to create and make memories with family or friends while being away from their everyday school life.

“I can’t wait for summer because I am going on a cruise ship with my family,”  freshman Ivory Huyser said. “And my parents were taking about maybe taking me and my sister to Disneyworld, which is so exciting, so I hope we end up going.”

Some students like staying in the PNW for a real Washington summer, but some like getting away from the summer here and go on trips.

“I think im gonna go to Florida or like California. Definitely somewhere hot because even the summers here are kind of cold, i feel like alot of kids will leave Washington this summer, because although it is pretty, it’s not the warmest,” Diana Demchuk, Freshman said.

Summer break is also a good time to explore students’ interests and passions. Some can take classes, join clubs, or volunteer, which can help them develop new skills or interests.

“I just got a job at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for the summer. I am super excited to start earning my own money and it also might give me a scholar ship,”  Kayla Moreno, Freshman said. “I think it’ll also be good for me to open up to people and get some experience before getting a real job.”

Summer is all about having fun and making memories, going on trips, gaining experience from job and volunteer opportunities.