The 5th Avenue Awards

Lauren Peltier

Daniel Geiszler as Tarzan and Eleanor Molver as the Leopard at rehearsals for Tarzan the Musical.

Jacquelyn Roush, Staff Writer

Every year, across the state, school’s theater programs are evaluated by representatives from Seattle’s 5th Avenue to compete for awards for over 20 categories in acting and musical theater performance.

Glacier Peak was nominated for the award for Outstanding Stage Crew for The Hunchback of Notre Dame and received Honorable Mentions for lobby display, lighting design, and scenic design for Tarzan The Stage Musical.

Junior Daniel Gieszler received a nomination for Outstanding Performance for an Actor in a Leading Role, for his performance as Quasimodo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. If Gieszler wins the award, he could go on to represent the state at the National High School Musical Theatre Awards in New York City.

Senior Eleanor Molver received a nomination for Outstanding Performance by an Actor or Actress in a Non-Singing Role, for her performance as the Leopard in Tarzan the Stage Musical, her third show at Glacier Peak.

“I really wasn’t expecting it,” said Molver. “I found out at my choreographer’s house and I remember driving over and Isabelle [Ivankovich] said, ‘oh, you could be nominated’ and I didn’t think I would be, but I ended up being nominated and I thought it was so cool. But honestly, I was a hundred times more excited, like in tears, for Daniel and his nominated and I was so excited for him.”

Erik Ortiz also received a Special Honors for Student Achievement for his performance as Frollo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

The 5th Avenue Awards will be held on June 11th at 7pm and will be livestream at https://www.facebook.com/5thave/.