Just Follow the Yellow Brick Road!

Actors practicing a scene.

Actors practicing a scene.

Emily Craig, Staff Writer

Glacier Peak High School presents “The Wizard of Oz” for this year’s spring musical. People are getting excited about this because there is going to be singing, dancing, crazy make-up and a REAL dog.

“I am very excited about the upcoming play. Last fall, the school did Romeo and Juliet. I really enjoyed the play… and the extra credit in English. I thought it would be interesting, it was really good. I went with my mom and it was a very fun experience getting to spend that time with my mom. I’m just excited to see this one, I know it will be good,” said Mary Crocker.

The “Wizard of Oz” is a musical that consists of; Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, the Scarecrow, and the Wicked Witch of the West. Each actor has put numerous hours of their time into this musical. The Wizard of Oz is based off the novel written by L. Frank Baum back in the 1900’s as a series.

“I can’t wait to see it I am very excited for Chris Edgers (Scarecrow) because he is tall and it fits his character perfectly. I went to Romeo and Juliet last fall and it was pretty good, I would go again. While I am at the play I like to hang out with my friends, seeing them perform is also super cool, it makes me feel a sense of pride to know them,” said Andrew Buchanan.

Overall, you had better get your tickets before they sell out! It is going to be a good show!