The Perfect Prom Posal

Photo+Donated

Photo Donated

Lexi Little, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again, when the talk about prom buzzes in the air. Most senior girls wait in anticipation to get asked by one of their peers, but Dana Brager and Derek Friend Sifferman have a different idea about their promposal.

The two seniors have been best friends for a while, and they both want a little different take on prom than most. “We’re best friends, and we are both a little different, unique,” Friend Sifferman said. Both of the seniors are involved with drama and love going all out, no matter what the situation. So, when they thought up this idea, they were in.

“We wanted something different, so instead on a normal prom asking, we are having a promposal battle!” Brager said. Brager wanted her plan to be spectacular and she knew that it had to be big. She decided to make a lip dub with the help of other Glacier Peak students and at the end, they all spelled out “PROM” on the field. As Brager sang along to the words of “Marry You” by Bruno Mars, she and Derek made their way down to the field and he was in for a surprise.

“I was shocked! I absolutely loved it and it was very Dana,” Friend Sifferman said. His plan for asking Dana is still in the works, but he knows it has to be big and flashy, to match his date’s personality.

“I have to make it really good, it’s our last dance so it needs to be great, I also have to find a way to one up Dana’s!” he said. As the date gets closer, the promposals are becoming more and more frequent, but Dana and Derek’s will be the one to beat.