Graduation Jitters

Graduation+Jitters

Jessica Tiede, Staff Writer

With the days dwindling into the 50’s seniors are beginning to fit the pieces together as graduation becomes a reality. Caps and Gowns are arriving by the boxful and distributions are the hub in the realism of it all. Whether plans are to move onto college or into a career, seniors are having to cope with the idea that their high school days are trickling to an end. “I’m nervous for what is ahead, but excited to start my future.” Senior Morgan Doyle said, she plans to attend Walla Walla University to play volleyball and major in education.

Fear, excitement and anticipation are all feelings coursing through our seniors as they pace the halls for the last few times. “I’m sad, I love everyone here and school is my life, I spend up to 12 hours here some days” said senior Monica Thomas.

Though some seniors are sad to go, some are enthused with the idea of getting out and getting on with their lives. “I’m elated because I can’t wait to get on with my life and not be stuck at home anymore!” Ryan Gildersleeve said.

It’s obvious that seniors are facing the hardest transition as they move from teenager years into adulthood, but what we don’t think about, the underclassmen. With friends and siblings moving onto bigger and better things, what about those of us left behind? “It’s depressing to see all the seniors leave” Junior Henry Tran said.

The most challenging part of our classmates leaving is saying goodbye to the familiar faces that walk the halls with us. Sophomore Anabel Ohsman prepares to say goodbye to older sister, senior Avery Oshman. “I’m really going to miss her, not only at home but seeing her at school just makes my day better” says Sophomore Anabel.

Tears and goodbyes are creeping up faster than we can believe and time is becoming more precious. Graduation is an event to last a lifetime, and its emerging like a tidal wave. It’s all jitters and finals until the very last days.