GP5 takes home Grizzly Idol

photo by Anabel Ohsman

photo by Anabel Ohsman

Anabel Ohsman, Staff Writer

Grizzly Idol concluded at the Fine Arts Assembly with the last two groups Prestige World Wide and GP5 competing in front of the student body. GP5, made up of Miles Johnston, Jackson Bates, Wyatt Miller, Grant Peltier, and Kevin Duan, busted a move in overalls and bright colors to the theme song from “Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” Their competition, Prestige World Wide, a group of seniors including Brady Southard, Spencer Pettit, Logan Preece, Matt Hanna, and Jason Lindsey, sported army gear while dancing and singing to OutKast’s “Hey Ya!” After the performances, the students texted in their votes and GP5 took home the win.

Grant Peltier, of GP5 could not make it to the final performance because he was getting his wisdom teeth taken out. “It is devastating and heartbreaking I can’t be there for the final performance.  I was actually really excited about doing it but I found out before it even started I wouldn’t be able to do the final if we made it. It’s just a disappointment. They’re all amazing people and they’ll do great,” said Peltier. He was right because GP5 took first place but his group members had to adjust without him there. “Grant Peltier will be missed dearly. The injury is going to cost us big time. Grant added a lot of enthusiasm and support out there along with his great choreography,”  Johnston said.

Hard work was put into each and every time GP5 went on stage. “We study the song and then from there we get together and we practice the dance and we all give each other ideas. Then we rehearse it till we get it down to perfection,” said Johnston. “We’re one big family and we all contribute evenly.”