See you Later

Isabella Azar, Staff Writer

Seniors, the soon to be graduates who just experienced the night that they will always remember, turned in their final assignments, said goodbye to their friends and teachers are officially done with high school.  They will no longer walk the halls, they have sat in those blue chairs for one last time and it is now time for them to go on to the rest of their lives.

With less than a week to go these anxious young adults will be walking down an aisle with their class mates to the cheers of their family and friends, making their way up those stairs to receive a handshake and a fake diploma (the real one will be sent in the mail later, don’t worry.) Their high school experience is coming to an end, those four years are now a blur.

Now they must go on and make their way in “the real world” as they’re always told. Some may be going to a four year university, some a community college, or another might be taking a gap year; whatever they may choose they will be going on to the rest of their lives and setting the tone for what they will be for the rest of their lives, which will be trial and error.

In this moment, as an underclassmen who is writing a story acting as if they know what the seniors will go on to do, I would like to say thank you to all of the upperclassmen that I walked these halls with. The upperclassmen that once intimidated me as I walked through the halls as a freshman and the ones I soon realized that they were not as scary as I once thought; I developed friendships with many of you in the small amount of time that we had, and I would like to take this time to recognize all that you have done to bring glory to our school. Whether it was being a captain and winning a state championship and bringing a title to our school, or going on a journey with me to DC for a journalism conference, or just being a great friend and always saying “Hi” or “hello” in the halls, the class of 2015 have truly made an impact and will truly be missed. So rather than saying goodbye, I would like to say thank you and see you later.