TOLO – GLOW

Honoring Uwase, Staff Writer

The Tolo dance has always been planned a year in advance. So this is the first time Tolo has happened since COVID-19 hit. This year’s Tolo is held at Thomas Family Farm at 8-11PM and the theme is ‘GLOW’. Mrs. Ashmon, the FFA advisor and so the main planner of the Tolo dance because the dance is an FFA fundraiser, was kind enough to give me an interview. “One of my favorite things about the preparation for Tolo is that the posters and tickets were all student designed, which has been a long time since that happened, and I’m really impressed by how that turned out. Tolo happens in a wedding venue we have to prepare a year in advance, so this year’s group will prepare for next year’s Tolo. Tolo preparation money wise is pretty expensive because it’s a wedding venue, so over $5,000. Time wise it’s just pretty much us (FFA) designing the theme and creating materials and that pretty much it. The process of preparation for Tolo is pretty simple, but the hardest part is asking teachers and community members to volunteer their time on a Saturday night. We need volunteers and assistants and other than that’s its pretty easy. Historically Tolo has always been an FFA fund raiser even before Glacier Peak was built. Back then I used to work at Snohomish and so being as I’m the only FFA advisor at GP it just automatically fell to me, so it’s basically tradition,” she said.