Valentine’s Day

Valentines+Day

Hareem Mannan, Staff Writer

Love is in the air and Valentine’s is right around the corner. With people making posters, cards, & treats for their significant other or even their friends, everyone is enthused to celebrate this fun and romantic occasion. The school is decked out in red, pink, and white decor, and some classes have even planned parties for their students, all in preparation for Feb. 14.

“I’m pretty excited for Valentine’s Day, mostly for the candy, but you know it’s still cute for people to be able to celebrate with their spouses and stuff. Personally, I just celebrate with my friends but it’s still fun either way,” Sage Touchette said.

Most of the time Valentine’s is about romantic love and people showing affection to their significant others. However, sometimes girls celebrate this holiday as “galentine’s”. Where all of your gals and girlfriends come together to hang out and have their own Valentine’s together. No boys allowed strictly. “Galentine’s is honestly one of my favorite ways to make Valentine’s itself even more fun. Like all of my besties and girls come together and we all just have a blast. No boys, no nothing. Just a bunch of single pringles hanging out having fun,” Jocelynn Hanson said.

Usually, the tradition is that the boy asks his girl to be his valentine, so the pressure is on for boys to impress their sweethearts. Though sometimes, if the guy is lucky, the girl will make the first move and ask him instead. “Honestly like, for me I’d just make a poster, and that’s if I had a girl, but you know I don’t,” said Denver Holland. “But I feel like posters are just kind of boring, like you have to do something special for your girl, you know, like give her a surprise or a necklace and then ask her if you want to be my valentine.”

“I feel like it’s time for the guys to take a little bit of a break you know. I mean like they’re not obligated to make the first move, but us girls just like it when they do you know. It makes us feel special.  But, just to make it easier for ’em, us girls have started asking them first,” Sloane Pearce said.

With everyone excited to celebrate this romantic holiday, people are ready to shoot their shot with their crushes or spend a heartfelt day with their loved ones. Let’s see what this year’s Valentine’s Day proposes.