China Town Field Trip

Honorine Uwase, Staff Writer

The students taking Chinese class and those from Chinese club went to China Town on February 9. The purpose of the field trip was to educate the students on the history of Chinese Americans and how they both impacted and helped shape Seattle. “I’d rate the Chinese field trip an 8/10, it was great, and I learned a lot about Chinese Americans and all the challenges they faced. Also, them being a community and facing segregation, but Seattle is a little sketchy, but if there was another field trip I would definitely go,” Nico Torgeson said. “My highlight was probably getting Boba, and the chow mein was really good.”

Many students enjoyed the historical aspect of the trip, including the museum. “The thing I enjoyed most about the Chinatown field trip is probably going around the museums. I learned more about Chinese culture and how they lived back then,” Kenneth Nget said. “My favorite food that I tried was the egg rolls at the lunch we had. If there was another strip I would absolutely go again, I give it a 9/10.”

The people had very positive reviews, especially on the food. “I would rate the Chinese field trip an 8/10 and the only reason why I gave it that score is because we didn’t make it to school on time, but otherwise it was very fun. My favorite thing that I did was going around the museum and learning about the past,” Chloe Lee said. “I also got to spend the day with my friends, so that was good too! The best food that I tried would have to be the duck. Nowadays duck is very expensive, and I thought the restaurant prepared it very well. If I had a chance to go again I definitely would.”

Overall, the students found the field trip to be a success, which means future Chinese classes may be participating in such trips next year if they continue to be popular.