Star Wars Day

Hiro Hirano-Holcomb, Staff Writer

This Tuesday morning, many students at Glacier Peak received a Canvas notification from our librarian, Jennifer English, inviting students who wear their favorite Star Wars item the next day to the library to receive a so-called, “special gift.”

Star Wars fanatic or not, it is difficult to imagine a person who has never once heard of Star Wars or are not aware of May 4th being Star Wars Day. Many students arrived at school wearing their best Star Wars shirts, hats, costumes, and in my case, two of my favorite plushies of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Reva Sevander from the Obi-Wan Kenobi show that I happened to find in a Safeway on my birthday. I for one was very excited at the wide selection of Star Wars stickers offered to me when I dutifully visited the library in my Star Wars t-shirt and jacket.

I chose a Boba Fett Sticker.

Just this year, the Star Wars franchise has already released a lot of new content such as the second season of the highly rated animated show, The Bad Batch, as well as the third season of global sensation, The Mandalorian. But it doesn’t end there. Shows that have yet to release this year include Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures and the highly anticipated Ahsoka.

Star Wars Celebration also occurred recently during early April in London, England where audiences watched exclusive teasers of the second season of Andor, the third season of The Bad Batch, and perhaps the most exciting announcement being the three new movies that Star Wars fans can look out for. Daisy Ridley was confirmed to be returning as Rey Skywalker for one of the new movies which will follow the Jedi Order being rebuilt.

Happy Star Wars Day and May the 4th be With You to all of our Star Wars fans at Glacier Peak!