Senior Traditions

Senior+Traditions

Addy Farman, Staff Writer

As this school year is coming to an end, the seniors have a lineup of activates that they are going to do, as a celebration for the end of their high school career. Seniors all have different feelings on how their school years are ending; some are happy, and others are having a bittersweet leave from high school. The class of 2023 has been fundraising for these end of year events such as Dads and Desserts, Senior Mother Tea, prom, senior serpentine, the senior cruise and grad night! “I’m excited for these activities to make my final memories with the people I’ve gone to school with for years before we all go our own way,” Kiera Kennedy said.

Dads and desserts happened on April 19; senior mother tea is happening on May 12. These two events were hosted by the class of 2025 for fundraising their future senior activities. Dads and desserts, as well as senior mother tea, has been a senior tradition since the school opened. Many seniors look forward to this event with their parents or a significant older figure in their life. At both of these events, the seniors play games with their parents and eat lots of treats made by FCCLA and family consumer science.

Senior skip day is something the seniors look forward to and is like what you hear about in movies. Seniors make plans for the skip day and have a lot of fun hanging out with friends. One of the bad things about senior skip day is the spring school athletes still have to go to three periods to be able to play in their game or even practice. May 13 is prom for the seniors and is a night they have been dreaming of since they were in elementary school, after seeing all the seniors go to prom year after year and have the time of their lives.

The senior serpentine is on the seniors’ last day of school, when during sixth period they will walk through the halls of the school while the underclassmen clap them along and cheer for them as the walk out the school doors for the last time. It’s a very emotional day for them; many seniors will walk out of the school with tears down their face, hugging and laughing with the friends they made when they were in kindergarten.

On the Friday before graduation, the seniors will go on a cruise in the Puget Sound, where they will eat and spend time with fellow classmates. For the seniors last tradition, on the night of graduation most of the seniors will take a bus to an unknown location for the grad night celebration and pull and all-nighter, returning to the school at six in the morning. It’s a night full of fun and memories that will last a lifetime as one of the seniors’ favorite nights in their high school careers, and serves as a perfect, fun-filled sendoff.