Movies Worth Re-Watching this Break

Isaac Ellison, Staff Writer

With the long 16-day winter break coming,  there are endless possibilities of things to do with all the time on your hands. From sitting on the couch with a mug of hot cocoa in hand watching Christmas movies to heading up to Stevens Pass and hitting the slopes on a fresh pair of skis. I’m here to help you not make a Christmas Wishlist but Christmas  movie to-do list so you can make the most of your time.

Starting off with the Christmas movies that you have to see every year as this time comes around. One of the most watched movies during the holiday season is Elf starring Will Ferrell and I’d be surprised if you haven’t seen this classic Christmas movie already and if you have seen it you would understand why people love to watch it every year.

“My go-to movie is Elf because I think it is very funny and my favorite scene has to be when Buddy (Will Ferrell) decorate his new-found family’s home with crazy decorations and his dad came home to an unexpected surprise,” senior Abby VanMeter said.

An unexpected Christmas movie “classic” to watch would be Die Hard starring Bruce Willis and even though it doesn’t fall under the stereotypical Christmas movie style it is still considered a Christmas classic to many people.

“Die Hard isn’t cheesy like all the other Christmas movies and it’s not super predictable, my favorite part was when John McClane (Bruce Willis) was bleeding and just says, ­­­ ‘“Yippee Ki-yay Motherf&$%&^#,’” Abi Ricci said.

The final Christmas blockbuster is the movie that initially released in 1990 and went on to have 2 sequels years later. None other than Home Alone, starring a young Macauley Culkin as Kevin McCallister about how Kevin was left at home as his parents went off to Paris mistakenly forgetting Kevin at home. As two con men try to rob Kevin’s house, he must protect his home from getting robbed.

“My family left me at an ice rink on New Year’s Eve so I can relate to young Kevin McCallister (Macauley Culkin) since he gets left also,” sophomore VJ Lopez said.