The Summer I Got Season Two

Angelica Heimbigner, Staff Writer

The first three episodes of the summer coming-of-age show that took over the internet last June are coming this month to Prime Video and other streaming platforms. On July 14, The Summer I Turned Pretty TV show created by Jenny Han premieres three of eight episodes. In the first season, teenage girl Belly Conklin stays at her family friends house for the summer. The plot mainly revolves around the possibility of romance between her and the two brothers she has lived with every summer for 15 years, as well as her journey of self-discovery. The story ends on a cliffhanger that leaves the audience wondering what will happen between Conrad and Belly as well as Conrad’s mother, Susannah, after the secret of her diagnosis is revealed.  

As the new season is being released during summer, people get especially excited to watch because it matches the mood of the season. People are anticipating an even more hectic summer with Belly at Cousins Beach, although readers of the book series mostly know where it will go. After both reading and watching the series, Kayla Moreno expresses her excitement for the second season. “For the most part, the book series and TV show are similar, but there are some noticeable differences. I’m looking forward to seeing the adaptation for the second season and how they will end it because there’s an important plot point that they changed the path of in season one,” Moreno said. 

While this teenage drama show is addictive for the majority of its audience, there are also those who believe there are too many clichés. Student Amelia Weeks has an opinion that is a mix of both. “I think it’s a little cliché because everything that happens in the show is predictable and basic, but it’s dramatic which keeps it entertaining, so I am still going to watch season two,” Weeks said.