Jamie Landrum: Music Lover

A concert. Credit: Concerts.com

Sami Kunz, Staff Writer

Senior Jamie Landrum has been going to concerts since she was 6-years-old, but it really started picking up at the end of her freshman year. “Everyone has that personal thing that makes them happy and mine is being able to go to a concert and experience the live music and the fact that afterwards you’re able to say you were there, and you experienced that, you were able to live in that moment. I think that’s why I keep buying tickets, I love the way concerts make me feel. A lot of people have hobbies and things they do for fun, mine is singing my heart out and tearing up the pit.”

Landrum tends to stick to a genre of music and has followed bands out of state for shows.

“I see the same bands repetitively, it may be the same songs and album as it was the time before but they always bring more to the table and every concert is bigger and better and the visuals improve,” Landrum said.

She’s been able to see ‘The 1975’ grow from baby steps and growing into what they are now, “I love seeing them because their shows are always pretty small and tight knit. It’s a really intimate experience, they’re more focused on their fans,” she said.

Along with ‘The 1975,’ Landrum was able to go to summer camp this year with friends she met at past concerts along with senior Abby Nicholson. “We saw Awolnation and there was a huge circle pit in front of us and I asked Abby if she wanted to jump in. Before she could respond, I pushed us in and we moshed so hard, we honestly had the time of our life and Abby loved it,” Landrum said.

Landrum has been to six concerts in about two months and she’s still going, she plans on seeing ‘Tove Lo,’ ‘Deck the Hall Ball,’ and ‘the Weeknd’ this year, and she’s already bought presale tickets to Coachella and Panic at the Disco this spring. Look for Landrum’s concert pics to appear in the yearbook.