Starting The Day Off Right

Students greeting people in the morning.

Eden Iazeolla, Staff Writer

When we walk toward the entrance of our school, we are greeted by fellow students holding doors open for us. They play pump-up music, like “Happy” by Pharrell Williams to wake us up out our never ending sleep trance, and also say a simple, “Hello.” These students are just generally there to make us feel welcomed and loved in our own school, literally from the moment we walk in.

Students love this simple gesture. “Seeing all their smiling faces brightens my day, and makes me want to be at school,” Emily Foley said. This clearly shows the happiness that these students spread, especially because it is so early in the morning. We tend to wonder why these students wake up so early, spend their social time, study time, or even time they could be spending in bed, just greeting people. One of the door holders, Hannah Fadden, said one of the big reasons why she does it is, “It’s a great way to start my day, it makes me incredibly happy when I get even the slightest smile out of someone, and I get a grade for the kindness I show to people in ASB,” also the fact that, “It is a great way to meet new people.”

It is funny to think that something so small like greeting people in the morning, playing fun music, and holding doors, can actually impact someone’s day. “The feeling I get from this makes me feel so good, and I want other people to experience this,” Hannah Fadden said. Several of the door holders say that they would love it if more people started helping them, and maybe they can greet people at even more doors. Their main goal is to eventually have everyone walking in to our school with smiles on their faces