It’s Just Me

Isabelle’s way of battling with her mental health illness.

Isabelle Invamkovich’s senior photo.

Makenna Thuringer, Staff Writer

Isabelle Ivankovich isn’t just any ordinary student.  Ivankovich, conjures up notions  of the girl who works a to make this school a better place and someone who always has a smile on her face. This year she was diagnosed with ADHD and suffers some health issues not generally public knowledge.

With help, Ivankovich is finding her path through a stressful senior year. She is involved with many social activities as well as in the student senate.  She’s taking medication for her ADHD and has had a few negative side effects yet is determined to battle on with everyday life.

“Your life flashes by and you just find out when you turn 18 years old that you have ADHD, and everything falls into place and your whole life up to this point makes sense,” Ivankovich said.

She has struggled with anxiety and depression for over five years and she suffers through Trichotillomania, an anxiety disease. She has learned to cope with her mental illnesses and not let it stop her from being the best that she can be. She is becoming an advocate for people with mental health illnesses because she understands what they are going through. Ivankovich doesn’t suffer in such an extreme sense that she cannot function, however she feels blessed because she has been able to speak up for people with mental health issues and tries to make a positive impact. She has been making progress with trying many different methods such as hypnotism, multiple different therapists, conferences, online therapists, and a huge friend support group with people from all over the world who suffer through what she suffers through on a day to day basis.

“I think a lot of people don’t see me as someone who battles mental health problems because that’s not how I put myself out there. It’s not how I portray myself to my friends, teachers or family. It’s just me,” Ivankovich said.