Lip Sync Battle

Credit: Asher Gannon

Lip Sync performers dancing to “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”.

Kimberly Freitas, Staff Writer

The Lip Sync Battle of 2018 was undoubtedly the most hilarious and entertaining performance I’ve seen at this school. Not only was the crowd ecstatic and booming with cheers, but the dances were hysterical. Just watching the show made me want to be a part of it so that I too could have the crowd as involved as it was that night.

While teenagers are often a little hesitant to give their praise at events, let it be known that at this Lip Sync Battle, the audience was anything but shy. “All the performances were really funny and they had good song choices. I definitely recommend that people see it next year,” Harlee Carpenter said. Of all the acts, the winners were a group of boys who performed “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”, a skillful production. It almost appeared to be a professional musical, considering the stunts and comical dances they produced.

The other performers were just as entertaining, with dances ranging from a Cheetah Girl motif to enactments of Bohemian Rhapsody. But of course, nothing could have prepared us for the most surprising and most awaited performance of all; the history teachers singing “My Girl” with Mr. Parker as the spotlight. Students who have Mr. Parker will surely never forget the work of art that was this show; accompanied by the awe-inspiring event of Mr. Parker dancing. I shall never forget such a historical event.

I will say that in all of the school events I have gone to, none thus far have made me laugh harder than this competition. It may mean that I simply need to attend more after school activities, but I know that I wasn’t the only spectator who decided they’d come back next year. “It just kind of made me think that you can make your high school experience memorable when you participate in events and make things fun,” Maddie Eatmon said.